There will be a Henry Morgan Charity Crib evening in support of RadCan on Monday 31st March at the Ambassador Club, Tadley, organised by the Basingstoke Crib League.
Sherborne St John Village Hall, RG24 9HP
Saturday 4th April : 10.00am — 5.00pm
Sunday 5th April : 10.00am — 4.00pm
Monday 6th April : 12.00am — 5.00pm
Refreshments available all day
Supporting RADCAN, Basingstoke
Details from 01256 850593 or 01256 850495
In Aid Of RadCan
European Organ Music 1600 to 1750
SATURDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2014 – 3.00 pm
Andrew Benson-Wilson specialises in the performance of early organ music, ranging from early 14th and 15th century manuscripts to composers of the late Classical period. His playing is informed by experience of historic organs, an understanding of period performance techniques and by several internationally renowned teachers. Andrew’s concerts have ranged from the prestigious London concert hall of St John’s, Smith Square to a tiny 17th century chamber organ in a medieval castle in Croatia. According to one reviewer, his St John’s, Smith Square recital ”proved to be one of the most rewarding organ recitals heard in London in years, an enthralling experience”.
The Ledsham Memorial Organ at All Saints Parish Church was designed and built by Martin Goetze and Dominic Gwynn in 2011
RadCan is raising funds to provide equipment for the new Radiotherapy Unit at Basingstoke Hospital
Further details and tickets may be obtained from Margaret Porter (Treasurer Radcan) Tel: 02380 230649 or Peter Heath (RadCan Trustee) Tel. 01256 327713
Venue: All Saints Parish Church, The Bury, Odiham, Hampshire RG29 1LZ
(there is limited parking in The Bury Car Park, 32 spaces in Deer Park View Car Park off the High Street and parking on the High Street itself)
Ticket price £12 including refreshments (children half price)
This year’s Walk for RadCan will take place at 10am on Sunday 4th May.
A gentle 5 kilometre walk around the War Memorial Park in Basingstoke.
No minimum sponsorship level, no entry fee. Dogs welcome.
Registration forms also available at your local Southern Co-operative Stores in Beggarwood, Buckskin, South Ham, Tadley and Overton
Enjoy an evening at the Basingstoke Amateur Operatic Society (BAOS) production of “Thoroughly Modern Millie” and raise funds for the radiotherapy centre at the Basingstoke Hospital. BAOS have kindly given RadCan tickets, normally priced at £15, which we can offer to you for a donation to the charity.
Tickets are for the 7:30pm performance on Tuesday 25th March at the Haymarket, and are available:
- By phone: Jo Kelly on 01256 328702
- By email: email@example.com
- In person: From the Newbury Building Society in the town centre (next to the Music Shop, opposite The Entertainer toy shop)
Please come and have a great evening’s entertaintment as well as raising money for the Charity!
A few photos from this year’s walk… thanks again to all who took part!
This year’s WALK for RadCan is taking place in The War Memorial Park in Basingstoke, on Sunday May 19th. The event begins at 10:30 am and will be a gentle 5 kilometre walk – once around the park and then on to the new common.
There is no minimum sponsorship level, no entry fee, and dogs are welcome.
Further information, sponsor sheets, registration forms and a poster for publicising the event are available from the following links:
Registration forms are also available at your local Southern Cooperative Stores in Beggarwood, Buckskin, South Ham, Tadley and Overton.
- The car park is situated at the top of Crossborough Hill.
- The walk takes place on paths in the War Memorial Park and will start and finish in the main arena.
- Walkers can sign in from 10.15 to 12.30.
- The Mayor will officially start the walk at 10.30 am.
- Medals will be awarded on the completion of the 5k walk.
- Walkers are asked to wear suitable footwear.
- St John’s Ambulance will be in attendance . They are situated in the John Arlott Pavillion near the car park.
- Stewards will be on hand to assist with queries. The toilets are also situated in the John Arlott Pavillion.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on their lead at all times, and are the responsibility of their owner. Any mess the dog makes must be picked up and put in the bins provided in the park.
- If you bring a picnic, please dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided or take it home with you.
As part of Basingstoke and Deane Mayor Cllr Martin Biermann’s 2012/13 fundraising for charities, including RadCan, there is a Charity Lunch taking place on 16 November 2012. Full details and tickets are available from Linda Butler at BCOT on 01256 306303 or firstname.lastname@example.org – great food, company and raising money for charity to boot!
You can find details of the Mayor’s other fundraising events at www.basingstoke.gov.uk/
In support of RadCan, the Rotary Club will be holding a ‘Race Night’ on Saturday 10 November 2012 at Sherborne St John Village Hall. Doors will open at 7pm with the first race starting at 7.30pm.
There will also be a pay bar, raffle and an auction. Tickets cost £10 each, to include a ploughman’s supper, and are available from Elizabeth Banks on 850514, Marion Welton on 850488, or Paul Temple on 850170.